Severe Weather Protocol
There can be occasions when severe weather causes disruption to travel. Most commonly this occurs due to snowfall.
Our policy, in these circumstances, is as follows:
Always assume the school is open. If a decision to close (due to severe weather) is made, the following will apply;
- we will update our website as soon as a decision is made, including the school ‘APP’ and social media
- in the case of school closure, we will also inform the local authority (snow line)
- we will always try to keep the school open
- we will only close the school when roads are in a hazardous condition and therefore travel would put individual’s safety at risk
- We will send a text message to staff and parents
To ensure that our telephone system does not become clogged with traffic, could we please ask that:
- you visit the school website as this can be updated very quickly and will display the most up to date news
- download the app from our website (if you have a mobile equipped to receive these) so that you will be able to access information from our website whenever it is updated
- ensure that we have your current mobile ‘phone number so that a text message can be sent to you
Please do not call the office to request early collection of your child. Once a decision has been made, the procedures will be communicated to you via the channels explained above.