@Learning4Life_c Charity Shop volunteers wanted – Please contact Lucy on 07824 878 630 if interested.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at Learning for Life Charity
Why should I volunteer?
- Volunteering in one of our shops will give you experience such as teamwork, communication and using your initiative.
- It’s a great way to develop your CV and to also provide you with a reference.
- It will allow you to get involved in your local community and to meet new friends.
- The team will be there to support and encourage you to boost your confidence.
- It’s fun – you’ll gain real satisfaction from working as part of a team.
There are many reasons people volunteer at Learning for Life Charity, but here are a few examples;
- People wishing to experience the work environment of a large organisation
- Those needing experience to gain a qualification
- Parents returning to work
- Retired people with valuable skills and experience to share
- Area experts looking to support an important local cause.
- 16-18 year old on a recognised volunteering scheme eg, Duke of Edinburgh or National Citizenship Service.
- People wishing to gain experience in working with
Charity shop volunteer
By joining our charity shop team, you can make a real difference. The items in our shops raise vital funds to allow Learning for Life Charity to continue proving the best possible chances and choices to live full lives. It wouldn’t be possible without volunteers like you.
You’ll gain valuable skills to help develop your CV and experience, and you will get the chance to meet new people across your community.
- You don’t need any experience to volunteer
- You just need to be motivated, hardworking and enjoy working as part of a team.
- There are many different roles within the shop you can choose from and there’s also no minimum time commitment.
- The minimum age for volunteering in our shops is 16.
What do shop volunteers do?
Typical volunteering tasks in our charity shops include:
- Serving customers, taking cash and providing good all-round customer service
- Sorting through donated items and pricing stock
- Working on window and shop displays
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
- Interacting with the general public